Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.Exodus 20:8
We have already seen that Jesus is our true Sabbath rest but that does not mean we are to stop having a day of rest and focus of worship to the Lord.
I still believe we have the commandment to keep the Sabbath. However, I believe the Christian Sabbath is different in day as well as character.
Since Jesus is our Sabbath, we should focus on Him to keep the Sabbath. And since the first day of the week is called the “Lord’s Day” in scripture, that is the day we should observe.
Consider the following:
• Jesus was raised from the dead on a Sunday.
• Through the rest of the gospel accounts after His resurrection, we find Jesus visiting His disciples on a Sunday.
• The Holy Ghost descended on a Sunday at Pentecost.
• Throughout the book of Acts, we see the early church gathering to meet on Sunday
• In Revelation, it is recorded that Jesus came to visit John on “the Lord’s Day” – Sunday Jesus’ day is Sunday.
We should have rest in Jesus every day and should come together with thanksgiving and praise on “His Day.”
Go to church next Sunday and find rest unto your souls!